Do you want to check your proficiency level in Spanish? Then take SIELE Exam in India, the international Spanish language certification Test.
With more than 20 Hispanic nations worldwide, Spanish is one of the most popular languages globally.
Thanks to a variety of career scopes in foreign languages, there are numerous incentives for learning Spanish.
The jobs after studying Spanish is immense, ever-growing, and full of lucrative possibilities.
There are two certification systems of Spanish proficiency designed to meet the different needs of different users. You can read about the first one – DELE Exams in India.
This article will find all the details and information regarding the second test, i.e., SIELE.
- What is SIELE?
- Acceptance & Recognition of SIELE
- Benefits & Importance of SIELE Exam
- Types of SIELE Test
- Stages of the SIELE Examination
- How to sit for the SIELE Test?
- SIELE Exam Centres in India
What is SIELE?
The SIELE exaam is also known as the Servicio Internacional de Evaluación de la Lengua Española.
The examination is a single multilevel type, one which enables applicants to receive the SIELE certificate.
The certificate has a score-line that ranges from 0 to 1000. This outcome is of the total overall scores that you have from each of the four conducted tests.
It adheres with the Common European Framework of Reference for Language guidelines (CEFR) of the European Council.
Acceptance & Recognition of SIELE
The Instituto Cervantes (IC), the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), the University of Salamanca (USAL), and the University of Buenos Aires (UBA) promotes SIELE.
Besides, The SIELE exam is also recognized and accepted by various international organizations in education and languages.
Some of them are:-
- CRUE – Conference of Spanish University Rectors (76 Spanish universities are associated),
- ACLES – Association of Language Centres in Higher Education (promoting learning languages),
- ACTFL – American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (dedicated to the improvement and expansion of the teaching and learning languages), and
- RNCP – The National Directory of Professional Certifications in France (provides information related to education and certification regarding employability).
Benefits & Importance of SIELE Exam
Why Should you take SIELE? Let’s explore some benefits.
1. Online Exam
You can learn Spanish and take the SIELE exam online.
The SIELE is a computer-based (including the oral test) and 100% online exam.
One can take it at any official SIELE examination centers worldwide and on the day of your choice.
It’s a quick and easy way to demonstrate your Spanish competency.
The candidates can register online and receive certain times and dates for sitting their SIELE exam in India or anywhere.
That also a few days or even hours before the exam dates are chosen.
Within 21 days of sitting the test, you will receive an email letting you know your certificate, test scores, and a CEFR level equivalence.
And, of course, a numerical score representing the sum of each test. It will also be available on the SIELE official website.
You can choose the day, time, and authorized examination center to appear for the exam.
3. Fail-Proof and Risk-Free
The SIELE overcomes the question of what level to aim for. A single multilevel test grades the student’s Spanish proficiency from A1 to C1 – all linked to the CERF.
It’s not possible to fail the SIELE. When doing a SIELE test, you will score on a scale from 0 to 1000.
So without passing or failing, you find out which level you are at.
Keep in mind that the certification is valid for FIVE years only.
4. Internationally recognized
It is endorsed and promoted by the Instituto Cervantes and a host of other recognized and famous universities and colleges from different Spanish-speaking countries globally.
You can demonstrate your level of Spanish proficiency by giving the language test SIELE.
Since these certifications provide job seekers and employees a competitive advantage, it is a great asset to include on your resume.
Types of SIELE Test
There are two types of SIELE tests.
1. Independent modalities (S1, S2, S3, S4 & S5)
There are four possible combinations of the test.
- S1 (Reading and Listening),
- S2 (Reading and Written Expression),
- S3 (Listening and Oral Expression),
- S4 (Only Oral Expression), and
- S5 (Written Expression and Oral Expression).
The various combinations offer a score between 0 and 500 for S1, S2, S3, and S5 with two tests, between 0 and 250 for S4 with one exam.
2. SIELE Global
The SIELE Global exam comprises four tests, namely Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
A single multilevel exam includes a score from 0 to 1000. This results from the sum of your scores from each of the four tests.
Stages of the SIELE Examination
SIELE consists of four specific tests covering Speaking, Writing, Listening, and Reading of the Spanish language. Scoring is automatic, with a maximum score of 250 points.
If you score between 112 and 163 out of 250 in the Listening Comprehension, that translates into a B1 grading.
You will get an individualized grading of your level for each of the four different communicative competencies – you could, for example, be assessed as A2 for Oral Expression, B1 for Reading Comprehension, B2 for Listening Comprehension, and A1 for Expression in Writing.
The four stages of the SIELE proficiency exams are:
- Reading Comprehension – 60 minutes
- Listening Comprehension – 55 minutes
- Written Expression and Interaction – 50 minutes
- Spoken Expression and Interaction – 15 – 20 minutes.
How to sit for the SIELE Test?
You are free to choose any available time and date that you want to write the exam.
It is organized electronically, and the results are usually out within three weeks of taking the exam.
The predetermined time for the examination is 3 hours plus a 15-minute added break time. The SIELE certificate is valid for FIVE years.
SIELE Exam Centres in India
There are over 725 SIELE test centers in almost 80 countries of the world.
If you are interested in taking the SIELE, then the good news is that there are 28 SIELE exam centers in India as of January 2022.
Instituto Hispania has topped the chart in the maximum number of SIELE centers in India with four authorized centers.
For S1-S5, The Fees for the exam is between 45€ to 75€.
For SIELE Global, Fee is 135€. All the exam centers across the world have the same fees.
There are no pre-defined dates. You choose the day, time and place, and exam modality by booking online.
- Delhi (6) — There are five options for SIELE centers in Delhi. (Instituto Hispania, Cervantes, Mundo Latino, Langma, IoSS, Langecole). I highly recommend our readers to choose Instituto Hispania at Panchsheel Park, New Delhi. Imparting all the requisite skills and ticking all the right boxes is the best place to learn Spanish in Delhi. They are always very helpful to students. Contact: 011 4080 9918.
- Gwalior (1) — Space Computer & Training Academy – Gwalior.
- Bengaluru (2) — Meraki Language Solutions – Sahakar Nagar and IOSS – JP Nagar.
- Pune (3) — Instituto Hispania – Ghole Road, and IoSS – Shanivar Peth, Blend – Shanivar Peth.
- Mumbai (4) — Instituto Hispania – Khar West, Hispanic Horizons – Bandra, Academia De Español – Andheri (West), and IOSS – Kurla West.
- Hyderabad (2) — Linguarena Language Academy – Kondapur and IOSS India Francophile – Adarsh Nagar.
- Chennai (2) — Instituto Hispania in Adyar and IOSS – Mugalivakkam.
- Kolkata (2) — IOSS – Baranagar, Indexpo Corporation – Circus Market Place, and Aiuto consulting – Kaikhali.
- Dehradun (1) — Heritage Institute of Languages Pvt. Ltd. – Rajpur Road.
- Ahmedabad (1) — IOSS -Jyoti Plaza, Ahmedabad.
- Haryana (1) — Linguate, Karnal.
- Nagpur (1) — IOSS – Somalwada.
- Nashik (1) — Prajakta’s IoFL – Thane west.
Spanish is a popular choice when it comes to choosing a foreign language for a career.
Our Spanish course contents are designed and customized as per international Spanish tests and guidelines like CEFR, DELE, and SIELE.